1/28/2006

I hate team tourneys

The most frustrating two weeks are upon us, or rather me.
I admit it. I can't stand the team tournament season, not the WPIAL's, which eats up one entire week, nor the PIAA event, which is a total waste of time.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I doubt it. The crowds that have attended these bouts are getting smaller and the matches are not very good until the end. So why have so many teams qualify? Let's cut both events, the WPIAL to two days and run it like a dual meet tournament format. Let's just eliminate the state event because the PIAA sabotages it by naming a second team champion at the individual finals.

Ridiculous.

If both moves were made, the season could be cut by two weeks or start two weeks later so it doesn't coincide with the Thanksgiving holiday. For the next 14 days, I will hold my nose and keep thinking the individual postseason is just three weeks away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home