4/21/2009

Brands rebukes Sanderson

This short article from the KIMT-TV Web site in Mason City, Iowa.

Iowa assistant wrestling coach Terry Brands says it was "shocking" to hear Cael Sanderson's comments about Penn State high school wrestling being the best in the nation.

"He's not from Iowa. He doesn't understand the state as much as maybe he should have or we thought he could have or as much as we do," Brands said. "I disagree with his comment but it doesn't mean that I'm right either. I like Iowa kids. I watched the Pennsylvania tournament this year...I watched the tournament in Des Moines and I like the style of wrestling that Iowa kids wrestle. That's just me. It doesn't mean I'm right. It was shocking to hear some of the comments he said about that."

Sanderson was introduced as Penn State's head wrestling coach on Monday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanderson Knows where the wrestlers at! Money Talks Baby!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tournament was weak this year.
Superstars are still bred in PA>...

Thursday, April 23, 2009 9:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home